RTTUZYUW RHOIAAA0001 2251752-UUUU--RHSSSUU.
R 131744Z AUG 21 MID600050876861U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/AUG//
SUBJ/MERGER OF RESERVE COMPONENT SURFACE ORDNANCE LIMITED DUTY AND
CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER DESIGNATORS INTO SURFACE ELECTRONICS
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1420.1B, ENLISTED TO OFFICER COMMISSIONING
PROGRAMS APPLICATION ADMINISTRATIVE MANUAL. REF B IS OPNAVINST
1120.12A, APPOINTMENT OF LIMITED DUTY OFFICERS AND CHIEF WARRANT
OFFICERS IN THE NAVY RESERVE.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the merger of Reserve component
surface ordnance Limited Duty Officers (LDO) and Chief Warrant
Officers (CWO), designators 616X/716X, into the surface electronics
LDO and CWO designators 618X/718X and announces updates to
references (a) and (b).
2. A growing surface Fleet requires a pool of highly-skilled
Reserve combat systems/weapons subject matter experts to meet the
technical requirements of the future. Merger of these designators
and similar skillsets will result in a more robust and flexible
3. The implementation process will consist of two phases.
a. Phase I will begin immediately with the conversion of
all Reserve 616X/716X billets to 618X/718X.
b. Phase II will begin approximately one month from the
date of billet conversion and will re-designate all Reserve
(1) Current officers will be re-designated from
6165/7168 to 6185/7188.
(2) Applicants that have submitted applications to
the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023, (FY-23) Reserve LDO/CWO In-Service
Procurement Board (ISPB) will be considered for selection to
the 716X or 718X designator as applicable. Announcement
results and commissioning documents will reflect 718X.
Designators 616X and 618X are not being considered on the FY-23
4. No administrative action is required by individual officers.
5. Surface Ordnance CWOs (7168) will continue to wear current
designator device on the collar, sleeve and shoulder boards
until promoted to their next higher grade.
6. Point of contact is Reserve Officer Community Manager, CDR Heidi
Cochran, at (901)874-3482/DSN 882, or e-mail
7. Released by Vice Admiral John B. Nowell, Jr, N1.//