RTTUZYUW RHOIAAA0001 3431733-UUUU--RHSSSUU.
R 091731Z DEC 19 MID510000792065U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/DEC//
SUBJ/MERGER OF ACTIVE COMPONENT SURFACE ORDNANCE LIMITED DUTY AND
CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER DESIGNATORS INTO SURFACE ELECTRONICS
AMPN/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1420.1B, ENLISTED TO OFFICER COMMISSIONING
PROGRAMS APPLICATION ADMINISTRATIVE MANUAL.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the merger of active component
surface ordnance limited duty officers (LDO) and chief warrant
officers (CWO) designators 616X/716X, into the surface electronics
LDO and CWO designators 618X/718X and announces updates to reference
2. Sailor 2025 focuses on improving the ability of our Navy to
develop, reward and retain the force of tomorrow. With this merger
of two related designator groups, the Navy will have a larger pool
of highly skilled combat systems/weapons subject matter experts to
match against surface fleet billet requirements.
3. The implementation process will consist of two phases.
a. Phase I will begin immediately with the conversion of
all 616X/716X billets to 618X/718X.
b. Phase II will begin approximately 1 month from the date
of billet conversion and will re-designate all officers.
(1) Current officers will be re-designated from
616X/716X to 618X/718X.
(2) Applicants who have submitted applications to the
Fiscal Year 2021 LDO/CWO In-Service Procurement Board will be
considered for selection to the 616X/618X or 716X/718X
designators as applicable. Announcement results and
commissioning documents will reflect 618X/718X.
4. No administrative action is required by individual officers.
5. Surface Ordnance CWOs (716X) will continue to wear current
designator device on the collar, sleeve, and shoulder boards
until promoted to their next higher paygrade.
6. A list of frequently asked questions is located via MyNavy
7. Point of contact is LDO/CWO Community Manager, CAPT Edward L.
Callahan at (901) 874-3042/DSN 882, or e-mail at
8. Released by Vice Admiral John B. Nowell, Jr, N1.//